Help Joe Get a New Pancreas

Thursday, October 28, 2010

WIPW - Back in Action!: Week 8

Well...it has been F-O-R-E-V-E-R since my last WIPW blog. Sorry Tami!!! I am pleased to say that I have not stopped crocheting however (Bows to the craft gods.) I am still going strong. My last blog detailed plans to create a line of 80s cartoon Amigurumi starting with the ever loveable Doozers! I am still working on the R&D for the toolbelt and the construction hat, but have completed various body parts:

THE HEAD:

Using the light green yarn I created a basic Amigurumi head in the round. Before my final decreases I added 2 small 10mm black safety eyes. Then I stuffed the head and fastened off. Here is the progress so far:
Doozer head
























THE BODY:
Using light green yarn I crocheted a basic Amigurumi body. I made sure that the bottom half of the body was a bit larger than the top for a pear shape effect (since Doozers are known to be a bit pudgy) Here is the progress so far:

Doozer body






 


















In addition to the Doozer project, I have made and completed a few other Amigurumi. I will share the pics with you here:

Ssssssssnake!
I made this snake for a charity fundraiser event. The pattern can be found in 'Super Cute:25 Amigurumi Animals.'
Here is the FO:

Sssssssnake!
























Ladybug Headband:
I made this ladybug headband for a charity fundraiser event. The pattern for the ladybug can be found in 'Super Cute:25 Amigurumi Animals.' I bought a plain headband and used a hot glue gun to attach the ladybug to the top of the girls headband. I then used 3D (puffy paint) to create the dots along the side of the headband.
Here is the FO:

Ladybug Headband


















Mr. Froggy:
I made this frog for a charity fundraiser event. The pattern for the frog can be found in 'Super Cute:25 Amigurumi Animals.'
Here is the FO:

Mr. Froggy
























Lil Monkey:
I made this monkey for my little cousin 'Nenah's 2nd birthday. The pattern I used for the monkey can be found in a pamphlet by Lion Brand Yarn. I modified the pattern to include a halter dress of my own creation. I used dark purple and light pink yarn for the halter dress. I also created a little 'hair ribbon' that I sewed behind an ear. To make the monkey more feminine I also added eyelashes and pink lips.
Here is the FO:

Lil Monkey
























My life is SUPER busy right now, but hopefully I can keep updating my blog often. My goal is to post bi-weekly, but hopefully, as time allows get back on a weekly posting schedule.
Thanks for reading!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! And there are so many of them! I think I need to make smaller projects... :) Can't wait to see your Doozer!

    ReplyDelete