Help Joe Get a New Pancreas

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WIPW: Week 17


Well this week has been a bit busy, so I havent had a ton of time to work on my ever-growing Xmas gift lists, but I did have a bit of time last nite to at least get a few things done....WHEW!!!

1st things 1st:

XMAS GIFT #3: (FO)
HELLO KITTY PURSE














I am proud to say that I FINALLY finished the Hello Kitty purse I have been blogging about the last coupla weeks! It was a challenging project for me because it incorporated a little bit of sewing, including snap attachments and purse lining. I have never practiced much with sewing, my only experience comes from a bit of knowledge in cross-stitch! I am proud to say, that while it is far from perfect, it turned out OK, and now I am a "tad" more comfortable with stitching by hand.

Here is a pic of the lining and snap attached leading up to the FO:
Lining and snap button detail for inside of Hello Kitty Purse















...and the FO!

Hello Kitty Purse: FO
 I also was able to finish a few more components for my Luigi (from the famous SuperMario Bros) Ami. I really wanted to be able to finish this project up this week, but there wasn't enough time. Next week I should be able to finish up the last few components (1 leg, the hat, and the hair/sideburns) and assemble the Ami!!

XMAS GIFT #6: (WIP...cont)
LUIGI

THE LEG:

Luigi Leg











THE SHOE:

Luigi Shoe











THE LEG WITH SHOE ATTACHED:

Luigi Leg with Shoe attached











THE SUSPENDERS:

Luigi Suspenders











THE ARMS/GLOVES:

Luigi Arms/Gloves














XMAS GIFT #9: (WIP)

SNOWMAN

I decided on making a little snowman Ami for one of my grandmothers for Xmas as well. Christmas is a big holiday in my family and my grandmother never skimps on the holiday decorations. This little snowman will be perfect for a table centerpiece or just to place on the mantle. I think she will like it. I started this late late last night, so I was only able to complete the head with the safety eyes attached, minus the facial details. I am once again using I am using Lion Brand Wool-Ease Glitter yarn in White/Multi for the scarf project. It is a perfect holiday yarn with that touch of glitter/shimmer!















THE HEAD:
Snowman Ami

 








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well...that about wraps it up for me this week. I am glad I accomplished finishing the Hello Kitty purse! It is going to be a great gift for my lil cuz! Hopefully next week I will have a Luigi and a Snowman FO!!!
 
Thanks for reading!!

5 comments:

  1. Everything is looking great! Good job on the lining on the purse. I still can't figure out how to attach the snaps. How did you manage it? I bought some, and they are like crazy magnetized. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Hello Kitty purse. Looking forward to seeing your finished Luigi and snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Hello Kitty purse! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tami...thanks for the lovely comments and encouragement as always. As far as the snaps are concerned...I basically 'winged' it, lol. After I whipstitched the back and front panels together, I sewed one half of the snap to the inside of one panel, and then eyeballed where to sew the other half of the snap to the other panel. It seemed to work ok :)

    Thanks Denise! I hope to finish the Luigi and snowman this week...that is my goal at least!

    Autumngeisha: I think the purse turned out great as well, and it was nice to have the challenge! I know I will have to make more for my other cousins...but hopefully the second time around it will go smoother

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I'm sure the recipient will love it!!

    ReplyDelete