Help Joe Get a New Pancreas

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Secret Project WIP #3

My most recent set of WIPs (that I am highly anticipating I might add,) are components leading to a special gift for a special someone. This WIP is comprised of multiple Amigurumis. I plan on posting the components of the project here as they are completed. I cannot unveil exactly what I am cooking up, since it is a gift, but it will be fun posting the little bits along the way.

Last Friday I posted the FO, Baby Octopus. This was my 2nd octopus Ami I have made & this one was a bit more challenging (even though it is significantly smaller in size.) The tentacles are corkscrews and were a little tough yet fun to crochet.

Now onto the next glimpse of this super secret project:

Mr Dolphin!

I decided to make the dolphin sea green/blue as opposed to grey as Dolphins usually are. I really like the color of the yarn and figured I would be a little playful with the pattern.

The pattern for this dolphin can be found in Annie Obaachan's book, Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals. This was the first Amigurumi crochet book I purchased when I first started to crochet, and it is still a standard of mine. I highly recommend it, as the patterns are easy to follow for a beginner, and has some great tips for Ami construction (even for an experienced crocheter.)



This pattern was a lot of fun to make however, upon completion I noticed that the pattern did not include a dorsal fin. I will need to remedy that now that I have noticed it was missing.

Stay tuned in a day or two for the unveiling of the 4th & 5th installments of my Super Secret WIP!!!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment